Profound’s privacy notice
Minding our own business
This privacy notice lets you know what happens to any personal data that you give to us, or any that we may collect from or about you. It applies to all products and services, and instances where we collect your personal data.
This privacy notice applies to personal information processed by profound.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We may change this privacy notice from time to time by updating this page in order to reflect changes in the law and/or our privacy practices. We encourage you to check this privacy notice for changes whenever you visit our website – www.profound.works.
We are Profound Works Limited (profound), 1 Prisma Park, Berrington Way, Basingstoke, Hampshire, RG24 8GT, United Kingdom. We are a data controller of your personal data.
WHAT KINDS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU DO WE PROCESS?
Personal information that we’ll process in connection with all of our products and services, if relevant, includes:
- Contact details, such as full name, job title, email address, and business address details
- Marketing to you and analysing data, including history of those communications, whether you open them or click on links, and information about products or services we think you may be interested in, and analysing data to help target offers to you that we think are of interest or relevance to you.
- Information we buy or rent from third parties, including marketing lists, publicly available information, and information to help improve the relevance of our products and services
- Insights about you and our customers gained from analysis or profiling of customers.
WHAT IS THE SOURCE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We collect personal information from the following general sources:
- From you directly
- Information generated about you when you investigate or use our products and services
- From marketing list providers
- Business partners who introduce us to you (for example, third party product or service providers we collaborate with to provide you a service).
WHAT DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR?
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To perform a contract if you are a customer
- Updating your records to enable us to communicate with you
- To follow guidance and best practice under the change to rules of governmental and regulatory bodies
- For management and auditing of our business operations including accounting
- For market research and analysis and developing statistics
- To engage in pre-sales communications where interest is shown in our offerings
- For direct marketing communications and related profiling to help us to offer you relevant products and service, including deciding whether or not to offer you certain products and service
- To provide personalised content and services to you, such as tailoring our products and services, our digital customer experience and offerings, and deciding which offers or promotions to show you on our digital channels
- To develop new products and services and to review and improve current products and services
- To comply with legal and regulatory obligations, requirements and guidance
- To share information, as needed, with business partners (for example, service providers who contribute to a digital project or solution we provide for you).
WHAT IS THE LAWFUL BASIS FOR OUR PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We must have a lawful basis for processing your information; this will vary depending on the circumstances of how and why we have your information but typical examples include:
- The activities are within our legitimate interests seeking to engage with and provide services to prospective and current clients and personnel e.g. to make our systems and procedures more efficient
- You have given consent for us to process your information e.g. in relation to certain marketing activities
- We are carrying out necessary steps in relation to a contract to which you are party or prior to you entering into a contract e.g. because you wish to instruct us to provide services for you
- The processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject e.g. for us to carry out ID checks for our employees.
WHEN DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH OTHER ORGANISATIONS?
We may share information with the following third parties for the purposes listed above:
- Business partners (for example product vendors and service providers who participate in our provision to you of a service or solution)
- Governmental and regulatory bodies such as HMRC
- Other organisations and businesses who provide services to us such as back up and server hosting providers, IT software and maintenance providers, document storage providers and suppliers of other back office functions.
HOW AND WHEN CAN YOU WITHDRAW YOUR CONSENT?
Where we’re relying upon your consent to process personal data, you can withdraw this at any time by contacting us using the Contact Us page on our website.
If you become a client, we may use your personal information to invite you to events or to send you information that we think may be of interest to you or your business. This is within our legitimate interests to use your information in this way.
We may also use personal information about our professional contacts to invite them to events or to send them information that we think may be of interest to them or their business. This is also within our legitimate interests.
You will be given an opportunity to tell us whether or not you wish to receive direct marketing materials and communications from us either at the time you submit or provide your details to us or within the communication itself.
If you do not wish to receive any direct marketing material or communications after you submit or provide your details, please contact our Marketing team using the details below (stating UNSUBSCRIBE in the heading of any email message) indicating if you do not wish to be contacted for one or more of these marketing purposes and/or via particular forms of communication e.g. email or telephone. Please note that the preferences that you state will override any registrations you or your organisation may have with the relevant preference organisations (such as the telephone preference services).
If you change your mind about being contacted by us in the future, or change address, or if any information that we hold about you is inaccurate or out-of-date, please let us know by: emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to our Marketing team at: profound, 1 Prisma Park, Berrington Way, Basingstoke, Hampshire, RG24 8GT, UK or by calling us on +44 (0)1962 600 060 and asking for the Marketing team.
JOB APPLICANTS, CURRENT AND FORMER EMPLOYEES
All of the information you provide will only be used for the purpose of progressing your application (for candidates), or to fulfil legal or regulatory requirements if necessary (for employees).
We will not share any of the information you provide during the recruitment process with any third parties for marketing purposes or store any of your information outside of the European Economic Area. The information you provide will be held securely by us and/or our data processors whether the information is in electronic or physical format.
We will use the contact details you provide to us to contact you to progress your application. We will use the other information you provide to assess your suitability for the role you have applied for.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE ASK FOR, AND WHY?
We do not collect more information than we need to fulfil our stated purposes and will not retain it for longer than is necessary.
The information we ask for is used to assess your suitability for employment. You don’t have to provide what we ask for but it might affect your application if you don’t.
IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TRANSFERRED OUTSIDE THE UK OR THE EEA?
We’re based in the UK but sometimes your personal information may be transferred outside the European Economic Area. If we do so we’ll make sure that suitable safeguards are in place, for example by using approved contractual agreements, unless certain exceptions apply.
WHAT SHOULD YOU DO IF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION CHANGES?
You should tell us so that we can update our records using the details in the Contact Us section of our website. We’ll then update your records if we can.
DO YOU HAVE TO PROVIDE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO US?
We’re unable to provide you with our services if you do not provide certain information to us, in particular your business contact information. In cases where providing some personal information is optional, we’ll make this clear.
FOR HOW LONG IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION RETAINED BY US?
Unless we explain otherwise to you, we’ll hold your personal information based on the following criteria:
- For as long as we have reasonable business needs, such as managing our relationship with you and managing our operations
- For as long as we provide goods and/or services to you and then for as long as someone could bring a claim against us; and/or
- Retention periods in line with legal and regulatory requirements or guidance.
YOUR RIGHT TO OBJECT
You have the right to object to certain purposes for processing, in particular to data processed for direct marketing purposes and to data processed for certain reasons based on our legitimate interests. You can contact us by going to the Contact Us section of our website to exercise these rights.
WHAT ARE YOUR MARKETING PREFERENCES AND WHAT DO THEY MEAN?
We may use your business address, phone numbers, email address and social media or digital channels (for example, Linked In) to contact you according to your marketing preferences. You can stop our marketing at any time by contacting us using the details below or by following the instructions in the communication.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, you can contact us by going to the Contact Us section of our website.